Friday, December 25, 2009

Is my florida marriage legal if I lied about being divorced prior when obtaining a marriage license?

That's a minor issue - it won't affect the legality of your marriage.





The question is to determine if you're committing bigamy. As long as you had a legal divorce at the time, it won't matter.Is my florida marriage legal if I lied about being divorced prior when obtaining a marriage license?
Depends on how long you got married after getting the license. In most states the license is only good for 30 days, and you have to wait at least 30 days after a divorce to remarry. It may be null and void, is this what you are hoping for? You may be in luck!!!


Oh, after seeing your additional details, then no, you're good. It won't matter that you said you weren't married, even though you were. You're not the first person to do this.Is my florida marriage legal if I lied about being divorced prior when obtaining a marriage license?
Probably. The first Marriage would ONLY Void the Second- if You actually married AGAIN at the same time (%26amp; get you into alot of Legal Trouble until it was resolved...). I'm not sure if this would apply in ALL States... -but in Most, quite probably. Once you're Officially divorced, your ';reasons'; for getting married- are basically moot.
I don't think Florida or Michigan care if you've been married before as long as you are no longer legally married when you obtain your marriage license.
  • bloom-
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment