Thursday, May 13, 2010

Should my girlfriend and I live together before marriage?

My girlfriend says she wont live with me unless we are married. But I am afraid that I wont know if she is the one unless we live together first. I mean, how are we supposed to find out if we can get along on a permanent 24/7 basis?? She is my best friend and I do love her, so I will respect whatever her wishes are.Should my girlfriend and I live together before marriage?
You may have to agree to disagree on this issue if shes not willing to live together before marriage...Everyone is entitled to their opinion or beliefs when it comes to sharing a household so unless you can both agree then its probably best that you continue to respect her wishes...She can also respect your feelings on this even if she may disagree with it.=)Should my girlfriend and I live together before marriage?
I am a strong believer that living together will tell you everything you need to know. You got it exactly right - how do you know you'll be able to be around one another all that time? How do you know you'll be able to handle each others bad habits?





People will probably try and tell you that it's wrong to live together when you are not married, but that isn't based on anything but that persons own morals and values. Common sense says differently. I know loads of couples who have broken up after spending a week on holiday together because it was too much for them. They didn't get along when living so closely together.





If your girlfriend doesn't want to because of her own morals/beliefs, then you have no chose but to respect that. If it's because of something else - maybe friends/family/romance have influenced her - then try and explian why you think it's better to test the waters before jumping in head first into the unknown.
LOL...there is no such thing as 'the one'! There is only KNOWLEDGE and SKILLS!


re: how are we supposed to find out if we can get along on a permanent 24/7 basis?


%26gt;%26gt;%26gt; Only way I currently know is by first learning all you can about good relationship skills/methods/techniques, etc. and then put them into practise with your partner.





BTW, being best friends is the number one most important relationship skill (assuming you actually know what a 'best friend' is!).


The next most important skill is: 100% honest truthfulness.
I actually read something that couples who DIDNT live together before marriage have less divorce rate than couples that did. I was always along your lines of thinking too, test out the product and all that, but apparently statistically we are wrong.
i dont think theres anything wrong with it and your right you wont know unless you try it and see if you can stand to betogether all the time without hating eachother in the end
You probably wont get along 24/7 buy hey, that's marriage. This is how is supposed to be. we are different. But love covers it all!! :) good luck
  • blue makeup
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment