Thursday, May 13, 2010

Why do so many cute and successful people use the internet to find a date or for marriage?

This is really a striking social phenomenon throughout the world.





Why can't they meet the right matches in reality?Why do so many cute and successful people use the internet to find a date or for marriage?
When you enter a dating site, everyone in there is looking for someone. When you're out on the streets you can't tell. No one has signs that say ';I'm Single and Looking';. It's more nerve wracking to do so in person. Online, some of your fears and worries go away.Why do so many cute and successful people use the internet to find a date or for marriage?
Time constraints.





Economical - It's cheaper than going out to clubs or traveling to far away places or resorts.





Geographically unlimited. The person who's everything you're looking for might be in Houston. If you're in Tulsa you'd never have the opportunity to meet them, much less get to know them in a relatively safe environment.





Highly successful and/or famous individuals looking for a real person can shield their identity until they find out if the person is interested in them as a person. (Yes, it happens)
Unfortunately being cute and/or successful does not mean you have social skills and/or the self confidence to approach someone in real life.





The internet is a great place because you can take a risk without ever really investing anything. I might IM you ';hey wanna go get a beer?'; where in real life I might never have the courage to ask. It makes it easier for people who don't really know each other well to move past the whole fencing match of ';who should make a move, does he like me? should I ask?'; because there really isn't anything invested - if the person says no, what do you care? It's text on a screen, not a real flesh and blood person.
Because it's become taboo in person at least in my social circles. If I go to church and ask a girl out, people think it's taboo. If I go to a restaurant and ask a waitress out, I feel like I'm taking advantage of her because she's just doing her job. I don't go to bars or clubs or even drink alcohol. Yet if I see a girl on a dating site that I like.. well she's obviously single and wants to date.. so what's the harm in asking her out?
it all comes down to wanting to go up to someone and talk to them. Alot of guys cant do that and women dont want to be the ones to initiate anything so nothing ever happens to them.
o reli? I am a blond man looking for a mate that is younger, religious, and has a good personality. Just joking. I never knew that to be honest
Having good looks doesn't always mean the person will be a social person. The person may not even know they look cute!

No comments:

Post a Comment