Sunday, May 9, 2010

Is marriage just an over glorified tradition?

So many people seem to be obsessed with finding thier ';soul-mate'; or whatever. So much so it often pours into other areas of thier lives and almost always causes them to make poor decisions.


What do you think?


Is true love worth your entire life? Or is it better to just forget the whole thing?Is marriage just an over glorified tradition?
You should date until you find the person that you know you could wake up with every day and thank your God that you found that person. To many people let sex get in the way, so if you save that until after you get married( something that was common years ago) you will find out that it is wonderful and something to be shared by only the two of you. There will be rough patches, but they will only seem like a bump in the road and something that can be worked out with a good life ahead of you. I think to many people don't know what true love is and worry to much about being with someone instead of leading their life until the right one comes along. I know some people that waited years until the right one came, and they are the happiest because they waited.Is marriage just an over glorified tradition?
While I disagree with ';Hate machine'; in that it doesn't just appeal %26amp; serve women ( believe me, I was the breadwinner and had the job stability paying all the bills whereas my husband was unemployed; if anything he was more of a liability than an asset, that's for damn sure) - I do agree that it is an over glorified tradition and side with ';Truthhurts';.. Too many people rush into marriage to gain that status hence the high divorce rate upon finding out that one another isn't compatible after being married and living with each other a year or so.





I did this very thing, settled.. and am now very unhappily married, staying for the kids' sake and soon to be another statistic in that high divorce rate.





As for the last question.. ';true love'; worth your entire life? Well, I haven't found my true love, so I wouldn't know till I found him.. but I would imagine if one was truly happy and in love then they wouldn't see it that way. It's kinda like that old cliche, Do you see the glass half full or half empty? If one is happy in their marriage.. they won't be finding the glass half empty and see this perceived love as a loss, but rather a gain and it just enriching their life all the more.





When I am divorced, my focus will be on my daughters, my work, and just being the best mother I can be while still maintaining a decent friendship with their father; the last thing I will be thinking about is finding my soul mate, I believe it will happen when it does, I am certainly in no rush and not afraid of being single but rather am anxiously awaiting the new found freedom! ;)
You know, after divorcing her lazy a** and winning custody, I won't ever need another woman. I don't even masturbate because it just isn't necessary. If I want some female companionship, I'll go to Vegas and pay for it upfront, but I'm not about to bring some greedy, lazy thing with breasts into my life so that she can start thinking everything is part hers.





My daughter, my house, I worked for it and take care of her, so ladies can just bugger off.





I'm not being bitter, I'm just not going to be victimized.





Marriage ONLY SERVES women. It is a fact. That is why they push so hard for it.
I think that too many people make marriage their sole focus/goal. They are in such a rush to achieve this goal they settle with somebody who is 'ok' just to gain the status.





Sad but true.





I am all for finding your soul mate, but it's not something you can rush or force, or even create for that matter.
the soul mate thing i don't agree with, to me words are just words, whats a marriage is the next step of commitment that you and her will be willing to only be true to each other, a marriage is what you make out of it can be really good or bad, but think about it before you make that step because it can be a costly mistake!!!
i waited 20 long yrs 4 my first luv to com n rescue me,i wasted thousands of $ buying stuff 4 him n ***** think of me happy without him around....NOW wat do i hv?hes still out there smwhere enjoying his life n i made fool of my self..NOT WORTH IT.enjoy the time u hv rt now dont dream/wait 4 tomorrow...)
Yes marriage is a glorified tradition which justifies this social experiment that we are in today.


my friend mildred sent me
maybe long ago marraiges were glorified but today people get married for simple reasons like health benefits/ pregnancy/or just to say they are married,

No comments:

Post a Comment