Saturday, January 23, 2010

Can I forgive him and continue my marriage with the one that has betrayed me the most?

I have found my husbands secret life. He is a sex addict and has been committing adultry for the last 3.5 years. He has been with seven different women, some of those being couples, threesomes and posing with another woman as a couple in this lifestyle. How do I find it in me to forgive him and trust him again. He is so so sorry and hates himself for doing this to his family. We also have two small children and possibly one on the way. Thanks for advice.Can I forgive him and continue my marriage with the one that has betrayed me the most?
Once is a mistake, twice or more is a habit.





It's easy to say he hates himself once the deed is done. Real love comes from restraining yourself in the first place.





Walk away from this one.





EDIT: If you should decide to stay with him, stay knowing that the behavior will probably not change. He may have periods of not doing anything, but chances are it will always be an issue. Accept that if you decide to stay.Can I forgive him and continue my marriage with the one that has betrayed me the most?
He's not sorry. He was having fun...without you. Your marriage is so bad, he didn't feel comfortable talking about his sexual fantasies with you. So he acted them out with people he was more comfortable with than you.





Why should you forgive him? Obviously, you are not compatible with him. You should have never married him because you can't communicate with him, nor him with you. Unless you are willing to become a part of his fantasies and participate, your marriage is doomed.
I am going through the very same situation right now. My husband had three girlfriends on the side and there were countless other things I discovered. Anyway, I will forgive him but I will never forget. I thought everyday when he told me he loved me and how beautiful I was and on and on that he was truly sincere. Now, all those things are just a lie to me. He never meant anything he said or he never would of hurt me to the extreme he did. I have been a complete disaster for the past 3 months, all I do is cry and wonder why. I trusted him with my life and he destroyed it. I wouldn't take him back if someone paid me all the money in the world.
He isnt sorry, he will do it again. You can forgive them the first time, but after that move on. My ex husband had a similar problem. He swore he had stopped and would never do it again bc he was sorry and saw how bad it hurt me. Well, well, he did it again, several more times. Think about your self and your safety....everytime you sleep with him you are also sleeping with all those other skummy people! Get yourself STD/HIV tested, you can never be too safe!
I'm so sick of people being sorry after the fact. If he's an addict, he should have let you know upfront and gotten help. He's not sorry. He's just sorry he's been caught and doesn't want to leave you. He enjoys the comfort he has with you. I don't think trust could ever be established after so much cheating. What he has done is very extreme.
You will have to decide for yourself how much ';heart ache'; you can take. He has failed you before, and will probably do it again. You both should attend marriage counseling. The main thing that should be important, is making a stable life for your children.


You might be interested in these sites:


http://www.cheaters.com


http://www.thescriptonline.com/content/i鈥?/a>



it's not going to be easy. if there were no kids involved, i'd say walk away but this is not the case. professional marriage counseling is the only way and that is still a long shot
I say only by going to a pastor together and him changing his life around spiritually, he has to repent, see his sin, and turn to Jesus.


All things are possible with God. This is scripture.
can you forgive him . if not ..kick him out ..

No comments:

Post a Comment