Tuesday, January 19, 2010

What is the secret to a good marriage?

I am getting married in 10 months. Me and my fiance argue quite a bit but it is always about petty things and most of the time, it is because of my crazy mood swings. I am getting them under control (and i have them cause partly i got out of a very abusive relationship and it has taken me a long time to get back to normal and trust anyone) my fiance is very understanding and we love each other very much. What are some good ways to keep the communication working at all times and a good marriage?What is the secret to a good marriage?
COMMUNICATION - Talk about everything, share your thoughts, feelings, fears, even if it seems stupid





HONESTY - One lie can put doubt in your spouses mind for a long time. I don't keep ANYTHING from my husband. He is my best friend.





RESPECT - Showing respect goes a long way. Everything from please and thank you, to respecting each others opinions and feelings. Always admire each other, look up to each other, and appreciate each other.





INTIMACY - Physical intimacy and emotional intimacy. Let your spouse ';inside you'; in every way. The closer you become the better. Don't be afraid to give yourself completely.





SUPPORT - Stand by your spouse no matter what. Don't go against each other, especially in front of others. Work as a team, not individually.





TRUST - Trust completely. Trust your spouse with your life. Never doubt, never fear, never question.





This may all sound crazy, but it's not. I was in an abusive marriage for all the wrong reasons. I didn't even know who I was anymore. But one day he finally walked out on us and I went on with my life. I found the most amazing man I have ever known and our relationship leaves others in awe. Someone asked me what made our marriage so amazing, so I finally sat down and came up with an answer....the answer I just gave you.





Now for the real answer.....TRUE LOVE. When you find true love it falls into place. We don't have to work at it, it's just there. It amazes people but we have gone through some life trials that would have ended other peoples marriages, but we are stronger than ever. We don't argue or fight, we would never do anything to hurt each other, we work together as a team totally supporting each other. We have everything in our relationship that I mentioned above.





And for the person that said have a lot of sex....AMEN. Every chance you get. Don't let that flame burn out.





A little romantic truth.....I had met my husband 2 years before our first date. We talked on 2 occaisions and then didn't see each other again for 2 years....until our first date. The day after our first date we declared our love. A week later we were engaged. We were married 6 weeks from our first date. If you couldn't tell, it was love at first sight. It goes beyond soul mates or anything else you can imagine. I wish that for you. Good luck.What is the secret to a good marriage?
The secret is Truly loving your partner; sincerely forgiving their short comings over and over and over again; and caring for and renewing that magic love that brought you together. But all will be in vain if you both don't have 100% loyalty and trust in each other. God bless!
I am very glad that you came out of the abusive relationship. Keep the communication lines open at all times, no matter what it is you are goin throught....I am engaged myself and ....the secret is be good to each other al all times, try to be nice even when you are in a bad mood or having a bad day....after all....thats the person you are going to be with for the rest of your life....be understanding
ok coming from a women who was in an abusive relationship (4yr) and is now married (1.5yr) to a wonderful patient man. u need to realize that he is not ur ex and make urself stop with the petty nonsense. and it is a process of telling urself i do trust him til he gives me ';a real reason'; not to and again make urself conscience of the pettiness and mood swings and make sure to stop unless u want to make him crazy and push him away.. imagine yourself in his shoes having to listen to it constantly and you will give him respect enough to not do it.... hope it helps.
Own your own crap. Be honest and kind. Treat your partner with respect. Don't try to change them. Let the little stuff go. Cultivate intimacy.
No secret just be ready to forgive each other, respect each other, and put the other need forst


the point is treat your partner like you will like to be treated
You said it already. The arguments are caused by your crazy mood swings.





DO SOMETHING ABOUT IT WOMAN!!
The first three answers are all good!





Love, respect, communication - that means speaking to one another NOT yelling lol
from the description of your relationship now. you are already married
If something is bothering you, talk about it when it's bothering you. Don't bottle it up and expect that it will either ';go away'; or that he will magically be able to read your mind and know what's wrong.





You're not a mind reader, and neither is he. Expecting either one of you to be isn't fair.





Leave the past in the past. You can't change it - you have to learn from it and use those lessons to move forward. But you can't use something like ';And four years ago you forgot my birthday!'; as a weapon in future arguments (that's an exaggeration, obviously, but you get the point).
I came from a mentally abusive marriage of 12 years and know healing takes time. Always be honest and true... even talk about your dreams good or bad, that one just came up with my new husband and I... we were dreaming bad things and when we talked we realized we had no worries. When you start to have doubts remember the one you married is a new man not the one who hurt you, yes it still catches me from time to time and then I remember who my husband is and know I have no fears. Kiss in the morning, before you leave for work, when you get home from work, before you shower and before you go to sleep. And when the past comes up laugh because you know a better life.

No comments:

Post a Comment