Saturday, January 23, 2010

Can you really live happily in an open marriage?

Recently found out my husband of 10 yrs has been meeting guys online and hooking up over lunch, for at least 5 years maybe longer. I haven't confronted him yet. We have 2 young kids. Working to be financially independent but not there yet.Can you really live happily in an open marriage?
it takes a certain breed of person to be ok with an open marriage. the fact that he lied to you for 5 years.... i dunno. keep working on that financial independence. not sayin get out now just be prepared.Can you really live happily in an open marriage?
Hmm...this is a tough one, the fact that he lied about it for so long would disturb me, and on a side note (have you always known he was bisexual?) that would floor me to find out my partner is sleeping with same sex partners. I feel bad that you have 2 small kids caught up in this but you seem pretty level headed about it and are taking a calm approach that is good. I believe an open marriage can work if both members have good self esteem and there is little to no jealousy. Those 2 things destroy an open marriage faster than anything. But ask yourself would you truly be happy knowing he's off doing this thing with other guys and that potentially someday you may want to do the same? Don't stay married (just for the kids) this does not work and often damages the kids further. Like the other person suggested get that financial Independence and then make a move to make your self happy. Don't just stay married for the kids.
I don't think I could stand not confronting my man if I found out something like that. It took me all of about 20 seconds when I found infidelity. How do you do that?





Perhaps he doesn't want an open marriage. Wouldn't that mean that you will be able to date guys also? Sometimes the shoes don't look so well being worn on the spouse's feet. He might not go with that plan.





I think your best bet is to kiss that guy goodbye. The finances will work out somehow. Your kids will be happier. You can find a straight, decent man who doesn't cheat and he can be who he is without sneaking around.
I don't know about this open marriage thang, but my question would be something like this.....How can you love the most beautiful woman in the world like this??


Deep love and deep happiness is pure and clean to me!


Open marriage would never cross my mind, not even in a million years time. When stuff like this happens, something is not right at all. You have a absolute problem somewhere in your marriage.


Of course hot sex is beautiful, but its just sex and sex only. What good does sex do without feeling any love or warmth whatsoever? Don't tell me your love feels ice cold???


Making love to someone else, just kills your beautiful sex drive for the beautiful wife.
Yes. You can. And he can get a restraining order against you for harassment and stalking for finding this out online about him. You must have been stalking him. He should get a restraining order against you. He has a right to be happy. He needs to stop you stalking him and he should be able to get a restraining order easily as you've obviously been finding things out and that's stalking.
no such thing is the perfect life. we have to work hard and make the difference about life. going the same with married. Always need work on it to make it better.





communicating is the key. tell your partner what you like, don't like. what make you happy or sad....... if you two can not even expressing yourself from one to another than soon enough your married is going throw out the window
Work quickly on being able to be financially independent. Trust is a key to marriage and sounds like this is not going to be ok. Prepare yourself for the ultimate challenge. No you can't live happily if it's bugging you.
it's possible, but the fact that he lied to you really is bad. If you feel you can't work it out, don't. Staying together for the kids is only traumatic for them.
If I were you I'd concerned about STDs
with all the stuff u can get out there why would anyone want to
Not in my world.
That is sicked.
Yes

No comments:

Post a Comment