Saturday, January 23, 2010

What is your opinion on same sex marriage?

I just got back from a church and it seemed like today's sermon was devoted to knocking down same sex marriage. I don't really see what the big issue is and feel sermons like the one I heard today just increase hatred and intolerance. What's your take on the same sex marriage debate? Please give a better answer than ';it's unnatural. If you're argument is it's sinful, please explain why.


What is your opinion on same sex marriage?
I feel that if if you love someone of the same sex,then it's your choice and RIGHT to be with the one you love!!!





Who am i or anyone else for that matter to butt our ';nosy'; and unwanted opinion on anyone who finds love.





If you find love,


whether it be with a man,woman or someone of the same sex,


hang onto it for dear life and love freely,


because you never know what might happen to this world in the future!!!What is your opinion on same sex marriage?
I'm a hetero married woman from middle America - I'm even a Republican (get ready with your thumbs down, I KNOW!), but I'm all for same sex marriage. Love is love, and it shouldn't be saved for one ';group'; of people. Also, same sex couples should have the same protection and ';rules'; as hetero couples (insurance, divorce, child custody arrangements, etc,).


Haters just make life more complicated than in needs to be.
Third Commandment -


Do not misuse the name of God.





Sorry, but the first answerer broke a commandment.





About same sex marriage, I believe it's OK to have same sex marriage, but it shouldn't have religious meaning. God created us, each having a unique quality. If God disapproved the idea of homosexuality, He wouldn't have created it, right?





This is purely my opinion, and I respect others and yours.


Hope this helps!
I'm for it. Gay couples fall in love for the same reasons straight couple do and should be entitled to the same rights. Churches are against gay marriage because they believe being gay and having sex with someone of your same gender is blasphemy and goes against God. Some people don't believe gay couples could fall in love and only want to get married for the tax break ~ this is what my old fashioned Italian Catholic grandmother believes ~ and some people just plain out think it's wrong (like my ex's father, who in fact has two gay sons).
well first off i am for same sex marriage cause if people r happy in who they love either the same sex or not they so not b judged cause people not of the same sex marriage aren't treated like people of the same sex marriage. they r human n deserve the same respect we give to other people. who cares if they luv the same sex. i sure don't care. if ur happy then ur happy. u should always put yourself in their shoes n c how u would feel if u were them getting treated like that. always put u in their shoes b4 u make fun of someone on who they love.
i think all the homos should be piled up and sent to the bottom of the ocean where they belong. its not natural opposites attract its natures way u never see gay animals they know better if you did there wouldn't be very many. you cant reproduce if you both have a va jay jay or both have a willy.
well if your really a christian you would know that God made a rule that said that he made man for woman and woman for man, so its against God to be in a same sex couple or marriage
if its really love. then go for it. it really gets me mad that everyone tries to get in their way just because they the same sex. its really none of anybodys buisness. is their life soo let them be happy =]





thats what i think.
I am all for it! I have gay friends who are in relationships. If they want to get married I will be the first to support them. Love is love at the end of the day! Who are we to judge?
I have no problem with same sex marriage. I don't think it is unnatural or sinful. I just wonder if they will be any better at it than heterosexuals.
Marriage is a union, a partnership, between TWO persons of opposite sex.


Period.
I feel that there's nothing wrong with it at all. Marriage is just a committed union by law between two people, nothing more, nothing less.





That church needs to be burned.
If it works for them....let them do it. None of my business, really.


I want everybody to be happy, really happy.
I believe that they should get married. Love is Love no matter what. And they shouldn't treat any other couple differently!
love is love. gender shouldnt matter
There's nothing wrong with it. Love is love; people can do whatever they please.
Is a sin against God... It's said so on the Bible....





God made ';Adam and Eve';, not ';Adam and Steve!';





Get it!
I have no problem with it.
It is not for Man to judge.
i would do it and im 12 (:
well, if they really love each other, i dont have a problem with it.
well..


i don't really care. its not me, its not my problem..


so who am i to judge?..
Same sex marriage is wrong.


1) It's really gross! Two penis's touching? YUCK!


2) God says it is an abomination. Read the Bible


3) Why would you want to go around kissing someone of the same gender?


4) It's socially unacceptable


5) It's a waste of a battle





6) Why?
Jesus meant for people to be married to the opposite sex. I would never do it, but I really don't mind, it's not like I'm disgusted by gay/lesbians.

No comments:

Post a Comment