Thursday, January 21, 2010

How realistic do you think legalization gay marriage is?

if the supreme court or any amemdement on the constitution legalize gay marriage on whcih grouds it will be made? What will be the argument sustaning that legalizationHow realistic do you think legalization gay marriage is?
I'm almost 51. If you had asked me when I was 20 if we would see gay marriage even being discussed during my lifetime, I would have said no. It was still illegal in most states for us to have sex!





Now, I think there is a good chance I will live to see same-sex marriage throughout the US. I think the ruling would be similar to Loving v. Virginia, where the court ruled that marriage is a basic human right, and cannot be denied on account of gender.How realistic do you think legalization gay marriage is?
Well, its not about a constitutional amendment, its about the repeal of the DOMA laws first and foremost.





And yes, I think that sooner or later it will happen. It may take a while, but it will happen.





And I know black people get mad about this, but it will be on the same basis that racial segregation was banned... separate but equal is inherently unequal.





But, the Supreme Court has refused to hear every appeal, and given who is on the Supreme Court, not really sure I want it to. So, if the Court refueses to hear the appeals, Obama is going to have to repeal the DOMA laws.
The Supreme Court is not going to decide the issue, it will simply not take the case. If it does, gay marriage will be dead, as this court makeup will never pass it. Best bet, go for civil unions that offer the same thing, and within 20 years, they will just all be called marriages.
There should be no ban on gay marriage @ all that is my argument 'cause we are two consenting adults that love each other %26amp; want to spend the rest of our lives w/ each other just like straight people do, so why the hell can't we get married.
Currently it's a reality in a couple states, same sex civil unions in a few more.
WHO CARES! That's my argument. Seriously, like should ugly people be allowed to marry?
I live in CA (CaliCalifornia) and I don't think that it's realistic at all... hell no... marriage is for the religious and cultural folks honey... something about the primary condition sweetcakes... by the way if gay couplings want equality aren't you butterfaces falling into the trap by immitating marriage? Aren't you people falling into the religious by accepting the ';supremacy of heterosexuality';? Thought so

No comments:

Post a Comment