Saturday, January 23, 2010

What is the biggest obstacle that you have had to go through in your marriage?

For those of you married, or divorced I guess, what was the worst time or hardest thing that you had to go through with your partner?





Infidelity, finances, family, abuse, neglect, those are just some things that have come to mind....





What did it take for you to get through the ';rough'; time? What is the biggest obstacle that you have had to go through in your marriage?
I would have to say that #1 would be the death of our son 3 years ago and I will never get over that.


Number #2 would be caring for his mother because it is taking a lot out of us and our relationship.What is the biggest obstacle that you have had to go through in your marriage?
The worst is all his lies. He lies to my face and I catch him in so many of them. He does and continues to deny them. What did it take for me to get through it? When I realized that I don't really need his support for anything and there are guys out there that can treat me a lot better. I filed for divorce. I guess that was a wake up call for him because he stopped a lot of his crap and the relationship is getting better. I'm still hurt over what happened, and I don't take any of his crap or believe much of what he says anymore.
I would say the biggest obstacle was and still is family.. I was born and raised in Cali and my husband is from Houston.. He and I come from a huge family so the holidays is a mess. His family gets upset, my family gets upset. I get mad at my husband and my husband gets mad at me.. So, this year its going to be the same old thing.
Finances. We got our truck repo'd and he was so embarrassed. he actually didn't want to call and tell me that it happened because he thought I would leave him. we came up with the money to get the truck back, and have been on track ever sense.





also the beginning of our relationship he was very insecure. He would pick screaming fights with me (and they were loud, aggressive, physical fights) that was just something that went away with time....





now we have been married 5 years happily with no issues other than the small stuff.. but you could hardly consider it a fight anymore.
Divorced and remarried the same year. The hardest part was taking on more responsibilities with the new husband. I.E. - two more children in the home. One not old enough for school yet. The hard part did not last long. We all adjusted within a month and all is well.
Didn't ';get through'; the rough times, he ignored me, chose his computer games over me, and that went on for 8 years! TRIED to work through it, couldn't, so I moved on.
All the lies he would make up every single time! and me going through so much just to prove to him that he was lying to me right to my face. Its a terrible feeling and that is why he is my ex now...
Infidelity, the feelings of betrayal never fully go away, and you feel like a retard by sticking in the damn marriage!
IN-LAWS! Meddling, manipulative, abusive in-laws! Id say all thats gotten us through it is holding on for dear life and not letting them win.
For my boyfriend, it was about his ex's infidelity.
worst obstacle would have to be his midlife crisis...he is now with a girl 13 yrs younger then he

No comments:

Post a Comment